This recipe comes from our wonderful mother-in-law, complete with a cute intro!
I ate this at a baby shower this weekend and I really wanted to take the leftovers home but didn’t want to embarrass myself by asking the total stranger that brought it. But, I spent the next 3 days trying to get the recipe. It is totally rich and full of calories that none of us want to ingest but if you have company coming or a church thing to bake for or if you want to do like me …fix it for myself so I can eat it by myself and not share with anyone, then here you go. It is soooo yummy!
Easy Coffee Cake
2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 cup sugar
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg, separated
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray bottom of 13x9 baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
3. Spread one can of the crescent rolls in the bottom of the 13x9 pan.
4. Cream together 3/4 cup of sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, and egg yolk
until it's creamy and smooth.
5. Spread mixture over the crescent rolls.
6. Top with the second package of crescent rolls. Beat the egg white till
frothy and spread on top.
7. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and pecans evenly.
8. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes till nice and golden brown.