I've been looking for some new recipes to try and our friend Fay graciously obliged by sending me some new food for thought! :) It might get added to the short list of dishes that we make regularly, too!
-- From Fay --
Here's a recipe I've adapted slightly from PaleOMG. My husband and I make this meal every other week because we enjoy it so much!!
Butternut Squash Curry Chili
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 lg butternut squash, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14) oz can tomatoes, diced
- 1 (14) oz can tomato sauce
- 1 c. chicken or beef stock
- 1/2 c. canned coconut milk
- Spices -
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 4 tsp gram masala
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Heat up a large pot over medium-high heat with a tablespoon of some kind of fat (olive oil, coconut oil, etc). Add the beef and brown
2. While the meet is cooking, chop all of your veggies and squash.
3. Once the meat is cooked, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside in a bowl.
4. Cook chopped veggies and squash (about 10-15 minutes)
5. Add chicken stock, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and coconut milk to the pot. Mix together. Cover and cook until the butternut squash is tender.
6. Add spices and beef back to the pot. Stir to combine.
7. Decrease heat and left simmer to let all the flavors combine.
8. Then consume.
No pictures this time. You will just have to use your imagination, which isn't very hard for this recipe. :) It sounds absolutely delicious and I can't wait to get home this afternoon. I will let you know how my rendition turns out!